OpenSSL certificate for Magento
Published on December 29th, 2008
This tutorial explains how to create your own iDeal certificate on Windows (XP/Vista) and Mac OS X machines. On Mac OS X you won’t need any software, since you’ll be using terminal (command line). To create iDeal certificates on Windows you’ll need a tool called openSSL.
1. For Windows users. Download openssl and unpack/install it. Browse to the ‘Bin’ directory where you installed openSSL (C:\OpenSSL\Bin\ for example) and double click on ‘openssl.exe’. This will open up a new screen with ‘OpenSSL>’.
1. For Mac OS X users. Open a terminal window ( Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app) and type ‘openssl’. This will change the command symbol to ‘OpenSSL>’.
2. Now enter the following code:
genrsa -des3 -out merchantprivatekey.pem -passout pass:PASSWORD 1024
Where you replace ‘PASSWORD’ with a password of your choice.
3. After that enter the next line where you replace ‘PASSWORD’ with the password you used in step 2.
req -x509 -new -key merchantprivatekey.pem -passin pass:PASSWORD -days 365 -out merchantprivatecert.cer
4. Now you will receive a couple of questions about Country, State etc. Enter the following information:
Country Name (2 symbol code) [AU]: NL State or Province Name (full name) [Some-State]: YOUR-STATE Locality Name (eg, city) : YOUR-CITY Organization Name (eg, company) [Internet Widgits Pty Ltd]: COMPANY-NAME Organizational Unit Name (eg, section) : DEPARTMENT-NAME Common Name (eg, YOUR name) : WWW.DOMAIN-NAME.COM Email Address : YOUR-EMAIL
5. After entering your email address you click enter again. You’ve just created 2 files: merchantprivatekey.pem and merchantprivatekey.cer. Windows users can find these files in the ‘Bin’ folder. Mac OS X users can find these files in the root of your user folder.
6. Now you can upload these two files to the directory ‘\includes\security\’ by FTP to the website where you’ll be using iDeal. Be sure to rename the file ‘merchantprivatekey.cer’ to ‘merchantprivatekey.crt’.
7. Now upload the ‘merchantprivatekey.crt’ in the iDeal Dashboard.
ING/Postbank users: You should be using different names for the files: ‘merchantprivatekey.cer’ should become ‘cert.cer’ and ‘merchantprivatekey.pem’ should become ‘priv.pem’.
That’s it, you’re all done. Now you can continue with the tutorial on implementing iDeal into Magento.